br Table Model characteristics of
Table 5 Model characteristics of the final model for theendpoint diastolic function of the left ventricle in breast cancersurvivors within first 10 years after radiation therapy
Variable B SE 95% CI for B value*
Abbreviations: B Z regression coefficient; BC Z breast cancer; CI Z confidence interval; SE Z standard error.
Results are based on 109 breast cancer survivors.
* P value between the variable and the endpoint diastolic function of the left ventricle, calculated using linear regression analysis.
This study shows an association between individual RT dose for BC and GLS of the LV. Our results suggest that these adverse effects are associated with radiation dose to the coronary arteries. Diastolic function was associated with age and hypertension at time of BC diagnosis; DVH parameters were less frequently selected for this endpoint.
3. Harris EE, Correa C, Hwang WT, et al. Late cardiac mortality and morbidity in early-stage breast cancer patients after breast-conservation treatment. J Clin Oncol 2006;24:4100-4106.
6. van den Bogaard VAB, Ta BDP, van der Schaaf A, et al. Validation and Modification of a Prediction Model for Acute Cardiac Events in Patients With Breast Cancer Treated With Radiotherapy Based on Three-Dimensional Dose Distributions to Cardiac Substructures. J Clin Oncol 2017;35:1171-1178.
7. Altena R, Perik PJ, Van Veldhuisen DJ, et al. Cardiovascular toxicity caused by cancer treatment: Strategies for early detection. Lancet Oncol 2009;10:391-399.
8. Jacob S, Pathak A, Franck D, et al. Early detection and prediction of cardiotoxicity after radiation therapy for breast cancer: The BACCARAT prospective cohort study. Radiat Oncol 2016;11:54.
9. Boerman LM, Maass SWMC, Van Der Meer P, et al. Long-term outcome of cardiac function in a population-based cohort of breast cancer survivors: A cross-sectional study. Eur J Cancer 2017;81:56-65.
11. van der Laan HP, Dolsma WV, Maduro JH, et al. Dosimetric conse-quences of the shift towards computed tomography guided target definition and planning for breast conserving radiotherapy. Radiat Oncol 2008;3:6.
13. Feng M, Moran JM, Koelling T, et al. Development and validation of a JQ 1 atlas to study cardiac exposure to radiation following treatment for breast cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2011;79:10-18.
15. Lang RM, Badano LP, Mor-Avi V, et al. Recommendations for cardiac chamber quantification by echocardiography in adults: An update from the American Society of Echocardiography and the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2015; 28:1-39.e14.
16. Cicchetti DV. Guidelines, criteria, and rules of thumb for evaluating normed and standardized assessment instrument in psychology. Psy-chological Assess 1994;6:284-290.
17. Koo TK, Li MY. A guideline of selecting and reporting intraclass correlation coefficients for reliability research. J Chiropr Med 2016; 15:155-163.
18. Nagueh SF, Appleton CP, Gillebert TC, et al. Recommendations for the evaluation of left ventricular diastolic function by echocardiog-raphy. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2009;22:107-133.
20. Van der Schaaf A, Xu CJ, van Luijk P, et al. Multivariate modeling of complications with data driven variable selection: Guarding against overfitting and effects of data set size. Radiother Oncol 2012;105: 115-121.
21. Magne´ N, Castadot P, Chargari C, et al. Special focus on cardiac toxicity of different sequences of adjuvant doxorubicin/docetax-el/CMF regimens combined with radiotherapy in breast cancer pa-tients. Radiother Oncol 2009;90:116-121.
22. Pistevou-Gompaki K, Hatzitolios A, Eleftheriadis N, et al. Evaluation of cardiotoxicity five years after 2D planned, non-simulated, radiation therapy for left breast cancer. Ther Clin Risk Manag 2008;4:1359-1362.
23. Gustavsson A, Bendahl PO, Cwikiel M, et al. No serious late cardiac effects after adjuvant radiotherapy following mastectomy in premen-opausal women with early breast cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1999;43:745-754.
24. Cikes M, Solomon SD. Beyond ejection fraction: An integrative approach for assessment of cardiac structure and function in heart failure. Eur Heart J 2016;37:1642-1650.
26. Erven K, Jurcut R, Weltens C, et al. Acute radiation effects on cardiac function detected by strain rate imaging in breast cancer patients. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2011;79:1444-1451.
27. Erven K, Florian A, Slagmolen P, et al. Subclinical cardiotoxicity detected by strain rate imaging up to 14 months after breast radiation therapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2013;85:1172-1178.
28. Tuohinen SS, Skytta¨ T, Poutanen T, et al. Radiotherapy-induced global and regional differences in early-stage left-sided versus right-sided breast cancer patients: Speckle tracking echocardiography study. Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 2017;33:463-472.